1. Please see the Excel spreadsheet. This listing will be updated on the GEAR UP website: http://gearup.wa.gov/resources/scholarships .
2. Also, please remember to steer students to TheWashBoard.org. It finds the best potential scholarship that matches based on a student’s profile that that student creates. Unlike other web-based scholarship searching tools, the goal of theWashboard.org is to connect students with available local and state scholarships. Free and no spam or pop-ups. You can also find scholarships that do not require a SSN or ask about citizenship status. Their scholarships are diverse and support a variety of students, not just high school seniors. In fact:
· only 34% require a GPA higher than 3.0.
· 57% of listings are not based on financial need.
· 80% do not require the FAFSA.
· 23% of scholarships listed are renewable.
3. Other scholarship search engines include:
· scholarship 360
· College Greenlight
· CareerOneStop FREE Scholarship Search
· My College Dollar$
4. You can also find more listings using directories or databases like:
· 6th Edition National Directory of Scholarships, Internships, & Fellowships for Latino Youth.
· Campus Pride National Scholarship Database
· Geneseo Migrant Center
· Scholarships for 1079 Students
· UNCF Scholarships, Programs, Internships, & Fellowships!
· WA State Commission on Hispanic Affairs: National Listing of Scholarships for Non-Citizens
· Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund .
5. Students can find free help at www.scholarshipjunkies.org/. Scholarship Junkies provide lots of resources and FREE feedback on scholarship essay. Invite students to submit their drafts for review via the Scholarship Junkies website.
Happy $cholarship Hunting!